CustomerGauge + Wisepops
With this solution, you can activate a pop-up survey directly in your own software/cloud-based platform. This allows you to present your survey directly to your users, without needing to email, SMS, or call them to collect the feedback. It's an ideal solution for cloud-based B2B or B2C software applications, especially in an environment where the user must be logged in (so you know who they are when they answer the survey).
This solution can be used for
- Inside Web Applications
How to Set Up
Follow the steps below to get it set up.
1) In order for this solution to work, you will need to already have an account with Wisepops. If you don't have one yet, visit their site to sign up. They offer a 14-day free trial if you'd like to test it out first.
2) Next, you will need to set up a generic link (sometimes called "anonymous") survey in CustomerGauge. You will need to contact our support team to activate that feature for you, or to create you a new generic link template to use for this purpose if you don't already have one set up.
3) Once that generic link survey has been set up for you in CustomerGauge, take the URL for that survey and head over to Wisepops to create your pop-up. What you'll want to do is embed the CustomerGauge survey link into your Wisepops pop-up using an iframe.
4) If you are presenting this pop-up on a screen that users must be logged in to access, then you can pass certain data parameters to CustomerGauge using URL Post. In order to pass this data to CG, however, you will first need to ensure that it's stored in Wisepops, as they are controlling the pop-up for you. For that you will need to set up custom properties in Wisepops. The linked article written by Wisepops shows how you can set that up. Once you've set up your Wisepops custom properties, you can use that data to send over to CG as part of the survey response using the Wisepops dynamic content feature and the CustomerGauge URL Post feature. Just modify the URL in the Wisepops iframe and edit the survey builder in CustomerGauge as shown in the article.
5) Follow Wisepops' documentation showing how to start allowing the pop-ups in your software application or website.
6) Start collecting feedback and see the results flowing back into your CustomerGauge platform in real-time!