The Report Hub Functionality allows for custom reports created to be sent out as email reports on a daily, weekly or monthly basis to users of CustomerGauge. In the below article we will show you how you can setup the report dispatch, choose the type of email report to be automatically delivered and how to set up report recipients.
Setting up Dispatch & Recipients:
If you'd like to send out your report to stakeholders on a periodic basis, you can set up a Report Dispatch.
- You can do this in Report Edit Mode -> Sharing tab -> Dispatch Settings section.
- Frequency: When setting up a report for Dispatch, make sure you select the frequency you would like to have the report automatically delivered - daily, weekly, or monthly basis. The report will be sent out at the times listed below (Note: the actual time when you receive the report may vary)
|Send time||Local time|
|Daily||EU: every day at 6:30 UTC|
US: every day at 13:30 UTC
AU: every day at 22:30 UTC
|EU: every day at 8:30 CEST|
US: every day at 8:30 CDT
AU: every day at 8:30 NZST
|Weekly||EU: every Monday at 6:30 UTC|
US: every Monday at 13:30 UTC
AU: every Monday at 22:30 UTC
|EU: every Monday at 8:30 CEST|
US: every Monday at 8:30 CDT
AU: every Monday at 8:30 NZST
|Monthly||EU: every 1st of the month at 6:30 UTC|
US: every 1st of the month at 13:30 UTC
AU: every 1st of the month at 22:30 UTC
|EU: every 1st of the month at 8:30 CEST|
US: every 1st of the month at 8:30 CDT
AU: every 1st of the month at 8:30 NZST
|Quarterly||EU: every 1st of the quarter at 6:30 UTC|
US: every 1st of the quarter at 13:30 UTC
AU: every 1st of the quarter at 22:30 UTC
|EU: every 1st of the quarter at 8:30 CEST|
US: every 1st of the quarter at 8:30 CDT
AU: every 1st of the quarter at 8:30 NZST
- Recipients: To add a recipient to your report, simply search for the user's First Name, Last Name, or E-mail address in the Recipients Section. Once they are added, they will receive the report on a periodic basis based on the Report type that has been set up for them (see "Setting up Email Report type to receive" below).
- Important Note: In order to receive a report, the recipient must be a CustomerGauge User, the user must match the permission rules of the report, and they must be an enabled (non-blocked) user. You can check the Report permission in the Permission Settings section (Sharing Tab) -> "Can be viewed by role" -> Admin only or Admin & User Role. If the Report is setup for Admin only access, a recipient who has a user level access will not receive the report.
- Send test Email: You can use the "Send Test Email" option to send a test version of the report to yourself immediately.
Setting up Email Report type to receive:
The Email Reports received can be embedded in the body of the email or added as an attachment to the email.
- This is a User level setting and can be configured in the "User Manager" or "My Profile Section".
- Under the Admin menu item go to ->Users Manager -> then select the user to edit (or) in the "My profile" -> Open your profile details
- The Report Dispatch preference settings are on the bottom right of your profile details section of the application.
This setting comes with four options:
Auto-adjust: This is the default option. This means if the report is longer than 1728 pixels, the PNG image will be added as an attachment to the e-mail.
E-mail body: The report is always displayed in the e-mail body.
PNG Attachment: The report is always attached as a PNG image to the e-mail, and can be easily downloaded, used, and shared.
PDF Attachment: The report is always attached as a PDF document to the e-mail, and can be easily downloaded, used, and shared.
New setting – Report Dispatch Preference
The default setting for all recepients is set to Auto-Adjust.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Large reports (bigger than 1728 pixels) might be distorted in certain versions of Outlook. We highly recommend those Outlook version users to use either Auto-adjust, or the Attachment option.