This alert allows account managers to be alerted via email as soon as a case that is open or in progress hits a time threshold specified, giving more control over cases before the KPI is approaching.
Who can receive these alerts?
In order to receive these alerts the recipients must be users of the CustomerGauge system. (Non users will not receive the alerts and you can view this in the Workflow History section)
Good to know
Some Merge Tags are designed to work under certain conditions
Merge Tags used under conditions outside of their original design may not yield the intended results.
How to set up:
The alerts come with the ability to configure if the case status is open or in progress, how many hours it's been in that status, the segment filters and the email template to be sent from inside the CustomerGauge Platform.
From the list view you can:
- Filter by rule status - active only, inactive only or see all
- Edit, copy or Delete a rule
- To deactivate a rule go on the edit mode
To Setup a rule:
- Go to Setting → Workflow Rules → Case not Closed
- Hit the "+ New Rule" button
- Choose Case not Closed and hit "Create" button
- Open/Progress Time - this criteria allows to set when the alert is going to be sent. It can be set from 6 hours since the case is open or in progress and up to 720 hours (30 days).
- Case Status - with this criteria it's possible to set the alert for Open cases only, Progress cases only or both statuses.
- You can also add filters to send only the relevant alerts for the relevant people. The filters available here are the same for the Reporting, and also allows IS and IS NOT.
Email Alert - Add the email address(es) of the recipient(s) that should be notified when a New Response happens for records matching the configured Conditions.
- You can add multiple users to the list.
- You can also use Merge Tags to send to your users. Your system segments are available as merge tags, you can check the list in System Admin → Fields. The system segment used needs to contain a single, valid email address.
Recipient Merge Tags: For merge tags in the recipients list to work, the data in that segment must be populated with a single, valid email and the recipient must be an activated user.
3. The email content and email subject come pre-filled for easy of use, feel free to change the content. You can also add merge tags if you'd like.
Please note that only the content from "A case from ..." to "... additional feedback" is editable. The remainder of the template is standard for all CG platforms.
Activation - Name your Workflow Rule in the Name field in a manner that you can easily identify the rule later on. We recommend giving a descriptive name.
- Choose to Activate this new workflow rule upon saving, or Deactivate it if you'd first like to make sure your teams are equipped to handle the alerts when they receive it.
- Hit the Save button, and you're all set up!
Want to stop receiving / sending Case Open or In Progress notification? You can deactivate the rule or hit the Delete button from the overview in the Workflow Rules