Microsoft Dynamics: How to Set Up an Accounts Integration
Modified on: Tue, 31 May, 2022 at 11:57 AM
Good to Know
- A single pull will result in up to 5,000 records.
- Enabled Integrations pull every day at 7am UTC.
How to set up an Account Sync between Dynamics and CustomerGauge?
- Click the "New Integration" button at the top-right corner of the Integrations page.
- Select "Microsoft Dynamics" when prompted to choose a system.
- Select "Accounts" when prompted for which kind of data you'd like to Integrate
- In the Integration Details step, give a descriptive name for your integration so that you and your co-workers can easily recognize the integration in the future. Additionally, you can add the email addresses of users so that they can receive a failure alert email in case a pull fails. We recommend to have at least one Failure Alert Recipient set up.
- In the Authentication step, select a pre-existing Authentication, or create a new Authentication.
- In the Pull Configuration step, you'll be able to specify your fetchXML query, and map the fields to their CustomerGauge equivalents.
- Endpoint: Fill in the endpoint of the Web API. The endpoint holds the API version number, as well as the main entity to pull data from. The endpoint is structured like so:
For Accounts this would be;
- Pull Query: Fill in the fetchXML query containing the data, linked entities, and filters you require for your business use case. We found the FetchXML Builder very helpful to construct the queries. After writing your query, or making a change, press the Evaluate Query button. This will run your query for a single record, and will help with some suggestions in the mapping.
Example fetchXML query:
<entity name="account" >
<attribute name="parentaccountidname" />
<attribute name="name" />
<attribute name="industrycodename" />
<link-entity name="systemuser" from="systemuserid" to="owninguser" >
<attribute name="fullname" />
- Fields from Microsoft Dynamics: Here you can map all the CustomerGauge fields with the fields from Microsoft Dynamics. The Source Field column's drop-downs will automatically be populated with the fields from your query. Do note that Microsoft only returns fields if it contains data. You can also type the field name if the result from Evaluate Query doesn't return a wanted field.
Make sure each field is mapped, or remove the field, in order to proceed.
- In the Overview step you get to review your whole set-up. You can either click the Trigger Now button to do a pull immediately. Alternatively you can "Enable this Integration" - this will then cause the Integration to be triggered to pull data on a daily basis.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.