Our Microsoft Dynamics Integrations allow you to pull data from Microsoft Dynamics into CustomerGauge on a daily basis. These integrations can be used to pull Accounts and Contacts into CustomerGauge so that you can utilize our Account reporting, and benefit from our Manual Campaigns to send pre-invites.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 (Dataverse API Suite)
- Authenticate: You will create a single Authentication in CustomerGauge that is then used to connect to Dynamics in all integrations you set up. This Authentication can also be used to connect an Outgoing Webhook to push survey responses to Dynamics.
- Synchronize Accounts: Firstly, you will need to set up an integration that synchronizes Dynamics Accounts to CustomerGauge.
- Synchronize Contacts: Secondly, you will need to set up an integration that synchronizes Dynamics Contacts
- Send Surveys: Lastly, you will need to set up an integration where you will pull data from objects of your choice in Dynamics to combine with the already synchronized Accounts and Contacts to generate survey records.
- Admin Access to both Dynamics 365 and Azure Active Directory
- Admin Access in CustomerGauge
Before you get started setting up your Integrations, you'll want to do some preparations in Azure Active Directory, and Microsoft Dynamics.
Registering the App
Navigate to App Registrations in Azure Active Directory and press the "New Registration" button.
- Name: Give a descriptive name for the App, such as "CustomerGauge Integration".
- Supported Account Types: Accounts in this organizational directory only (Single tenant).
- Redirect URL: Keep this field blank.
- Save your App: Click the Proceed button - this will save your App.
- Create a Client Secret: Head to the Certificates & Secrets section in your App, and create a new Client Secret. Save the Value somewhere secure - you will not be able to obtain it at a later stage!
Creating the User Role for the App
- Copy Client ID: Copy the Application (client) ID of the app you just created, under Overview.
- Go to Advanced Settings: Navigate to your Dynamics environment, and press the cog wheel icon at the top right corner, followed by Advanced Settings.
- Go to Security Roles: You're now at the Business Management screen, open the Settings drop-down in the top menu bar. Then press "Security", followed by "Security Roles".
- Create a new role: Press the "New" button and give your Role a descriptive name, such as "CustomerGauge Integration User", and hit the Save icon at the top.
- Set Permissions: In each of the tabs, set the permissions as you wish, and press "Save & Close".
The following Entities need their respective permissions:
|Entity||Permissions||Needed for Integration|
|Core Records: Account||Read (User)||Account Synchronization (Pull data)|
|Core Records: Contact||Read (User)||Contact Synchronization (Pull data)|
Survey Integration (Pull data)
|Core Records: Opportunity||Read (User)||Survey Integration (Pull data)|
|Service: Case||Read (User)||Survey Integration (Pull data)|
Outgoing Webhook (Push data)
Creating the Integration User
- Go to Users: Navigate back to "Security", followed by "Users".
- Go to Application Users: Select "Application Users" from the drop-down next to the pin icon.
- Create New User: Press the "+ New" button at the top-left of the screen, paste your Application (Client) ID in the Application ID field, and click Save. If at the top left corner it says "User" instead of "Application user", select User and then Application User. Once saved, the rest of the form will be filled in.
- Assign the Role: Press the Manage Roles button, and select the role you just created, and press OK.