Setting up a SugarCRM Survey Integration
Modified on: Thu, 10 Jun, 2021 at 2:41 PM
Good to Know
- The SugarCRM Survey Integration assumes that Accounts and Contacts already exist within CustomerGauge. This is easily done through setting up Account Sync and Contact Sync integrations.
- We will check if Accounts exist based one their Account Name.
- We will check if Contacts exist based on their Email or Phone number.
- Each Pull will pull a maximum of 25,000 records across 5 batches.
How to set up an Account Sync between SugarCRM and CustomerGauge?
- Click the "New Integration" button at the top-right corner of the Integrations page.Click the New Integration button.
- Select "Sugar Enterprise" when prompted to choose a system.
Select Sugar Enterprise as the system.
- Select "Surveys" when prompted for which kind of data you'd like to Integrate.
Select Surveys as the data to integrate.
- Select the SugarCRM object to use to send surveys. To help you decide which objects to pull data from in order to send surveys, you can refer to some of these examples:
|Supported Objects||Example Touchpoints|
|Opportunities||Opportunity Won, Opportunity Lost|
You can create survey records using data from Cases, Opportunities, and Contacts.
- In the Integration Details step, give a descriptive name for your integration so that you and your co-workers can easily recognize the integration in the future. For this walk-through, we're going to call ours "Account Sync".
Name your integration so you recognize it later on.
- In the Authentication step, select a pre-existing Authentication, or create a new Authentication.Choose an existing Authentication, or create a new one.
- In the Pull Configuration step, you can map each Survey record field you'd like to pull into CustomerGauge from SugarCRM, as well as adding static values to be added to every Survey record. By default, all available CustomerGauge Survey fields are listed. Click the trash can button to remove any unwanted fields. Any required fields will be indicated, and can not be deleted. Additional Survey fields can be added in CustomerGauge by System Administrators in Field Settings.
- In the Fields from SugarCRM section, you can map each Survey record field in CustomerGauge with its respective counterpart from SugarCRM. In the most simplistic example, you would want to map the SugarCRM field "email1" as the Contact Reference, and the SugarCRM field "account_name" into Company. All other fields' values will be automatically copied over from the matching Contact and Account.
The minimum setup required for a Survey Integration pulls in the respective fields used to identify the related Contact and Account in CustomerGauge.
- In the Additional static values section, you can map Survey record fields with a static value of your choice. This is useful in cases where each survey records should have the same value, and if you don't have a respective field in SugarCRM. This is typically the case with Touchpoints or Survey Flights.Touchpoint is a very important field that usually doesn't have an equivalent in CRM systems.
- Lastly, in the Fields from CustomerGauge objects section, all fields'values that will be copied over from existing Contacts and Accounts in CustomerGauge are listed. Any field listed in this section will automatically have its value copied over to the survey record, unless the field is already mapped in the Fields from SugarCRM or Additional static values sections.
Example fields whose values will be automatically copied to the survey record if not already mapped in this integration.
- In the Pull Filters step, you can select a subset of records that you'd like to pull into CustomerGauge. You can filter on any combination of fields that sit on the chosen object in SugarCRM. Records will be pulled in if they match any of the values in each of the fields.
Filters are optional, although recommended to use so that you don't pull all Accounts that exist in your SugarCRM system. Please note that a "date_modified" filter gets automatically added when a Pull occurs so that any subsequent Pulls will pull in records changed since the last pull only.
Set up filters to select a specific data set to pull .
- Finally, in the Overview step, you can review your whole setup. Click on the "Change" links to go straight to the step to make any necessary adjustments. When all is well, click the "Trigger Now" button to initiate a pull immediately, or click the "Enable this Integration" button so that with the next pull cycle a pull will be executed. Automated pulls happen every day at 7AM UTC time.
« Back to "Setting up a Contact Sync SugarCRM Integration"
Continue to "Troubleshooting SugarCRM Integrations" »
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.