About Required Contacts
In order to use Reach, you need to know how many required contacts each of your accounts has.
Automatically updating Required Contacts
The more likely method of managing Required Contacts is by uploading revenue for an account. The system will automatically update the Required Contacts for the account.
The Required Contacts are calculated as follows:
No. of Required Contacts
|0 to 2,000||1|
|2,001 to 5,000||2|
|5,001 to 10,000||3|
|10,001 to 22,000||4|
|22,001 to 46,000||5|
|46,001 to 100,000||6|
|100,001 to 215,000||7|
|215,001 to 460,000||8|
|460,001 to 1,000,000||9|
|1,000,001 to 2,200,000||10|
|2,200,001 to 4,700,000||11|
|4,700,001 to 10,200,000||12|
|10,200,001 to 21,800,000||13|
|21,800,001 to 47,000,000||14|
|47,000,001 to 102,000,000||15|
|102,000,001 to 220,000,000||16|
|220,000,001 to 475,000,000||17|
|475,000,001 to 1,020,000,000||18|
- The Required Contacts are currently based on the last known year
- If the setting isn't set, it defaults to ARR
Filtering & Group by
Required Contacts are non-data based. With that I mean that there are no data points that can be filtered on or grouped by when using Required Contacts.
- You have 9 required contacts
- When you report on Reach without filters, it'd be based on those 9 required contacts
- When you report on Reach with filters, it'd still be based on those 9 required contacts
- Practical example; you filter on Country NL. The Reach will be calculated with those 9 required contacts, even though you filtered by NL!
Data Access Restriction
Required Contacts are always "global" data access level.
How to change your Required Contacts
Step 3: You can define on what revenue type the Required Contacts is calculated
- Available values are ARR/MRR or One Time/Other
Note: This will go in effect for future Revenue Uploads. If you wish to apply so on existing accounts and revenue, make sure to select the "Retrospectively update" checkbox!
Step 4: Edit the Revenue range with your required number of contacts that best suit your industry
Step 5: You can define delete or add new revenue ranges
Step 6: Select the Retrospectively update checkbox if you want to change the required contacts already present on your system.
If you just want the new revenue uploads to get the new range, make sure to leave it unselected and press Save!
Retrospectively updating applies the Required Contacts as configured when pressing Save.
Only accounts that have the revenue of the selected "Revenue Type" will be updated.