Business use case
Utilise Chattermill's analytics to combine your AX feedback with other data streams you may have connected to Chattermill.
In order to set up an Outgoing Webhook to Chattermill, you'll need the following:
- Admin access in CustomerGauge;
- API Key obtained from your Chattermill Account Manager.
Connecting to Chattermill will require a valid authentication. To connect CustomerGauge with Chattermill, you should use the API Key obtained from Chattermill.
- In CustomerGauge, when setting up your Webhooks add the following Custom Header in the Custom Headers section, replacing <api_key> with your Chattermill API Key:
Header Value Authorization Bearer <api_key>
Your Custom Header should look like this after adding.
- Your authentication should be all set up!
Send data to Chattermill
How to set-up
- In CustomerGauge, in the Outgoing Webhooks page, click the New Webhook button, followed by the Outgoing option.
- In the Filters step you can add a combination of fields and their value that a survey response needs to match in order to trigger the Webhook.
Survey Responses that have Touchpoint "Support", and Area being either "British Isles" or "Benelux" qualify to trigger this Webhook.
- Authentication will be handled through the Custom Headers, you can skip the Authentication step.
- In the API Setup step you'll need to set up your API request. We'll walk you through each of the fields that you'd need to fill in.
- Method: POST
- API URL: Add the Chattermill API endpoint that you'd like to call.
- Custom Headers:Add the following header to the Custom Header section:
Header Value Content-Type application/json
- Request Body: The Request Body is used to send your Survey Response data to Chattermill. This is your mapping between CustomerGauge and Chattermill. See the list of Available Data Fields to find out what data is available from CustomerGauge to be sent over. Chattermill's capabilities are described in their API documentation.
- In the Details step, the last step, give a name to your Webhook, and decide to Activate the Webhook immediately or not. Once you've done that, click the Save button, and you're all done! You can see whether your Webhook being (de-)activated in the Status column in the overview of Webhooks. If you'd like to activate or deactivate your Webhook at a later time you can always Edit your Webhook and navigate to the Details step to activate or deactivate it.