Business use case
Enable activating your Promoters to be utilised in Referral Campaigns, or send response data to Marketo to have all your data in the same place.
In order to set up an Outgoing Webhook to Marketo, you'll need the following:
- Admin access in CustomerGauge;
- Admin access in Marketo.
Connecting to Marketo will require a valid authentication. To connect CustomerGauge with Marketo, you should use the Client ID and Client Secret obtained from Marketo.
OAuth2 - Client Credentials
- In Marketo, obtain your OAuth2 Client Credentials details.
- In CustomerGauge, head to Data → Integrations → Webhooks → Authentications.
- Create a New Authentication:
- System: Select "Other".
- Name: Give your Authentication a name that you'll recognize in the future.
- Grant Type: Select "Client Credentials".
- Access Token URL: Add the Access Token URL obtained from Marketo.
- Client ID: Copy/Paste the Client ID obtained from Marketo.
- Client Secret: Copy/Paste the "Secret" obtained from Marketo.
- Scope: You can ignore this option for Marketo.
- Press the Save button, and you should be ready to set up your Outgoing Webhook!
Send data to Marketo
How to set-up
- In CustomerGauge, in the Outgoing Webhooks page, click the New Webhook button, followed by the Outgoing option.
- In the Filters step you can add a combination of fields and their value that a survey response needs to match in order to trigger the Webhook.
Survey Responses that have Touchpoint "Support", and Area being either "British Isles" or "Benelux" qualify to trigger this Webhook.
- In the Authentication step, select your Authentication from the drop-down.
- In the API Setup step you'll need to set up your API request. We'll walk you through each of the fields that you'd need to fill in.
- Method: POST
- API URL: Add the Marketo API endpoint that you'd like to call.
- Custom Headers:Add the following header to the Custom Header section:
Header Value Content-Type application/json
- Request Body: The Request Body is used to send your Survey Response data to Marketo. This is your mapping between CustomerGauge and Marketo. See the list of Available Data Fields to find out what data is available from CustomerGauge to be sent over. Marketo's capabilities are described in their API documentation.
- In the Details step, the last step, give a name to your Webhook, and decide to Activate the Webhook immediately or not. Once you've done that, click the Save button, and you're all done! You can see whether your Webhook being (de-)activated in the Status column in the overview of Webhooks. If you'd like to activate or deactivate your Webhook at a later time you can always Edit your Webhook and navigate to the Details step to activate or deactivate it.