FileZilla Setup Instructions
Below you can find set-up instructions on how to make a connection to a SFTP server using FileZilla as client. SFTP is an additional paid for item - please contact your Customer Success Manager if you wish to purchase.
1. Request a key file (.ppk extension) from your Customer Success Manager.
2. Download and install filezilla client
Filezilla can be downloaded here http://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client. It is a free product and available for multiple platform (windows, Mac OSX, linux).
3. In Mac, go to Filezilla->Preferences (for windows/linux search for preferences in the menu)
Go to SFTP in the menu.
Click “Add keyfile” this step will open a dialog bar like this
Select the file you created in the step number 2 above.
There will be a prompt message like below:
Click yes and name the key file then save it.
4. Open your filezilla go to file->Site Manager. There will be a dialog box like below
5. Change protocol into SFTP – SSH File Transfer Protocol
6. Change the logon type to Normal
7. Put your username clientxxxx from the keyfile string.
- EU: upload.customergauge.com (IP address 18.104.22.168)
- US: upload-us.customergauge.com (IP address 22.214.171.124)
- AU: upload-au.customergauge.com (IP address 126.96.36.199)
We recommend connecting to the SFTP using the hostname instead of the IP address
9. Press connect, it will close the dialog box.
10. Congratulations! You are now connected to CustomerGauge SFTP, you can start uploading your file now.
Please note that the file needs to be posted in the incoming folder!